What can we expect from this year’s peak trading season, and how do brands looking to maximise reach, brand awareness and sales this Black Friday and beyond appeal to price-sensitive consumers?
1. Peak Trade is expected to improve on last year’s performance but still fall short of 2019’s figures.
2. Spend on FMCG necessities and staples is likely to remain high.
3. Online-only Retailers will capture just 16-20% of Peak trade promotion sales.
4. Brand loyalty is ripe for disruption among price-sensitive consumers.
5. Local retail giants are evolving to meet changing consumer behaviour and demands.